Traditions of the Kyrgyz people were being formed with the help of economic, trade, domestic and other relations with kindred and other tribes that were closely related to the geography of their ha...

After the coup of 19 March 1953 in the socio-political history of Iran there were fundamental changes: the powers of parliament were limited and the absolute power of Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi was...

In the Middle East, Saudi Arabia and the Islamic Republic of Iran are two countries that claim to leadership in the region. With a powerful resources and political potential these countries are the...

Medical Science

01.10.2016

Kazakhstan will purchase drugs for HIV/AIDS patients for a total of KZT1,000,000,000. According to the press service of the Ministry of Health and Social Development of the republic, the acting Chairman of the Board of LLP “SK-Pharmaceuticals” Serikbol Musin and head of UNICEF in Kazakhstan Yuri Oksamitniy signed a memorandum providing for the 2017 purchase of drugs for patients with HIV/AIDS. According to this document, the single distributor will be able to buy drugs totaling more than one billion tenge.

 

26.09.2016

Over the last ten years, the pharmaceutical industry of Uzbekistan has received more than $300 million in investments, of which about $100 million are foreign direct investments. In addition, the share of foreign partners of the Uzbek pharmaceutical enterprises is 35.7 percent, while the remaining 64.3 percent are owned by local market participants. According to the industry representatives, all this has played a significant role in expanding the range and volume of drug production in the country.

 

24.09.2016

In 2016, collection of premiums for health insurance in Kazakhstan amounted to only 2 percent, as against 6 percent over the same period in 2015. According to the analytical service Finprom.kz, the continuation of this process can have a negative impact on productivity in various sectors of the economy. This year, the growth of health insurance volumes in Kazakhstan has fallen to its lowest level over the past seven years.

 

23.09.2016

On September 15-16, the capital of Kyrgyzstan hosted a scientific-practical conference dedicated to the problems of tuberculosis in the region of Central Asia and China. As reported by the press service of the Ministry of Health on September 20, the event was organized in order to discuss the challenges and successes in the fight against tuberculosis, as well as the exchange of information and experience between participating countries. The conference was attended by more than 120 specialized professionals from China, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan.

 

19.09.2016

In Kazakhstan, there have been introduced the officially approved national drug list. Worth recalling, until recently it was functioning in pilot mode. According to the press service of the National Center for Health Development, the corresponding decree was signed by Minister of Health and Social Protection Tamara Duysenova. As a result, Kazakhstan has become the first CIS country to create and introduce such an information resource. In the process of development of the national drug list, there were widely used the advanced world pharmacotherapy experience.

 

08.09.2016

In Kazakhstan, plans are afoot to put into operation 60 facilities related to the health infrastructure by the end of 2016. Of these, 25 facilities will be built in the framework of the project “Construction of 350 outpatient clinics and medical stations;” another 35 facilities will be constructed at the request of local authorities, at the expense of state and local budgets. In general, the project envisages construction of a total of 32 clinics and centers of primary health care, as well as 318 medical stations and ambulance stations.

 

07.09.2016

During the eight months of 2016, the crews of the Republican Center of Air Medical Services under the Ministry of Health and Social Development of Kazakhstan carried out a total of 1,408 flights. In their course, 1,740 various medical services were rendered, including transportation of 1,365 patients, 86 operations and 289 consultations. In addition, they transported 9 donor organs. 70 percent of all the transported patients were hospitalized in the city and regional medical institutions, and the remaining 30 percent were hospitalized in the republican centers in Almaty and Astana.

23.08.2016

In several provinces of Uzbekistan, there have opened social pharmacies, as reported at the official website of the Ministry of Health. All of them will be part of the country's largest wholesale and retail company “Dori-Darmon” with a state-owned share. The company has invested its own funds in creation of the new health infrastructure facilities, informing that the event is held as part of the celebration of the 25th anniversary of Uzbekistan's independence.

 

12.08.2016

Tashkent has recently hosted a round table with participation of representatives of the Uzbek Ministry of Health and the USAID (United States Agency for International Development), which discussed the issues related to the outpatient treatment of tuberculosis patients. In particular, it was noted that more than 200 patients were able to receive social support within the framework of the USAID program aimed at combating tuberculosis.

 

11.08.2016

Over the past 25 years, the cancer mortality rate has decreased by about a third in Kazakhstan: from 137.4 deaths per 100,000 people in 1991 to 92 death per 100,000 people in 2015. As reported by the press service of the Ministry of Health, the modern methods of cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment make it possible for the patient to achieve a full recovery, especially at the early stages of the disease. One of the most effective methods of prevention and early diagnosis of malignant tumors is conducting regular preventive medical examinations of the population.